OK, so no software package is perfect. Hell, I’m a programmer. I know how it works.
But then you get the weird shit. Every time there’s a Word Press Upgrade Announcement, Word Press resets the file and folder permissions, and stops delivering any page, except the top page. After you’ve run the upgrade, you have to manually reset the permissions to get things working again. This is not right!
Then I add the WP Stats package, and it works fine. For five minutes. Then it starts telling me that the WP-Cache directory doesn’t exists. Well, I know it exists, because I can see it.
So I have a brainstorm, and change the permissions on the folder containing WP-Cache, and now NONE of the plug-ins work. I change the folder permissions back, and everything works perfectly for about two minutes, and then WP-Stats stops working, and reports the same problem.
There’s something not right here. And it’s something simple. It always is when weird stuff like this starts happening. But first I have to find it…
Thursday January 6, 2011