Like a lot of people, I’ve been following the NSA Spying Scandal closely. In fact, I’ve been following it for several years, since before I first ran into Barrett Brown. Seriously. The leaks about go back a long way, and most writers appear to have missed the implications.
I know Barrett Brown. Not well, but we’ve spent time chatting online, and he’s a nice guy. A damned nice guy. I wasn’t online the night he got raided, but I could have been.
It’s rather amazing how many Americans freak out about Marxists, and spend huge amounts of time thinking about Marxist plans for a revolution. What they don’t realize is that the revolution began in 1969, is still ongoing, and that it wasn’t the Marxists, or any of the other ‘ists’ who started it, and it won’t be any of them who wins it.
Over 26,000 people were on the live stream of the feed from the rally today. Many are from outside the United States, and may not have the background to understand some of the events. I’m not an American either, but my interest in law enforcement means I know a bit.
If I’m wrong at any point, please comment. I’ll post links where possible.
There’s a firestorm happening in Steubenville Ohio. On August 11, 2012, there was a party, or maybe a series of parties. During the night a sixteen year old girl was allegedly raped.
The recent American election was troubling. Not so much for the results, which went as I predicted back in July, but for the aftermath, which is still playing out into the New Year.
What’s really interesting is that we are seeing the same complaints that we saw after the re-election of George W. Bush in 2004, just coming from the other party.
The FBI just shot themselves in the foot. With a cannon.
It has been hilarious watching Law Enforcement and the Mainstream Media trying to get a handle on Anonymous. After watching both demonstrate that The Peter Principle is alive and well, most especially Law Enforcement, which seems dedicated to out Pythoning Monty Python.
As a public-spirited citizen, I’ve decided to help them out. There’s a set of fairly simple indicators to help decide if the target of Law Enforcement might be a member of Anonymous. Use of this list can help Law Enforcement Personal prioritize their resources in the fight against Anonymous.
While the list is extensive, it is by no means complete. It does however offer a means to make an immediate decision.
- Person has carried out a DDOS attack
- Person has a copy of the Low Orbit Ion Cannon Software
- Person has ever spent time in Anonymous IRC
- Person has ever spent time editing Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Person has ever spent time in /b on 4Chan
- Person has more than one computer
- Person owns a smart phone and/or tablet computer
- Person owns more than one mobile phone
- Person owns more than one firearm
- Person has been involved in a real life protest(s)
- Person has an unusual interest in Law Enforcement
- Person has an unusual interest in Politics
- Person has an unusual interest in the Military
- Person is involved politically
- Person writes letters to the editor
- Person writes comments to online articles
- Person has a post-secondary education
- Person makes disparaging comments about the Government
- Person is opposed to Firearms registry legislation
- Person has an interest in Freedom of Speech issues
- Person has an interest in Freedom of Religion issues
- Person has an interest in Prevention of damage to the Ecosystem
- Person has an interest in Control of Money in Political Campaigns
- Person has in interest in Political Corruption
- Person has ever taken part in an on-line protest, like the web site blank outs protesting the American SOPA legislation
- Person advocates for registering Firearms
- Person uses Social Media Sites for communications
- Person shows no respect for authority figures
- Person is artistic (i.e. writer, singer/songwriter) and their publishers
- Person creates platform(s) for communications
- Person uses any form(s) of Intellectual Property Law
As I’ve said, the above list is hardly complete, but it should help Law Enforcement in their fight against Anonymous.
Thursday February 9, 2012
Kleo and I have a fantastic stats package. If you run a Word Press Blog, I strongly suggest that you install Jetpack by WordPress.com and WP-Stats-Dashboard. Between the two of them, they’ll tell you most of what you need to know.
They are really useful for spotting odd things.
Anonymous isn’t known for subtlety. Just ask HBGary Federal.